Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Elfin Lace Scarf


This scarf has been finished for some time...the knitting anyway.

I finally blocked it yesterday! I used blocking wires for the first time. Wow! They worked great!

It is about 10 1/4" wide and about 5 feet long (or so).

The pattern (for the cloth) is here.

I made it the same width as the cloth just kept on knitting the length.

The cashmere is from Belisa Cashmere, Bundanoon, NSW, Australia. This was purchased at Stitches Midwest 2006. (I used size 5 needles.)

I decided not to add a border on the bottom/top edges. I like it as it is. I was also going to try to reverse the pattern so the hearts would go the same direction but I didn't do that either. So now it is hearts on one side and spades down the other. Just need some diamonds and clubs...

4 comments:

Marie N. said...

I've seen blocking wires in the catalogs. They look like a most useful tool, but I don't think I knit enough with lace to make them worth my while. Do you simply weave the wires in and out of the fabric edges?

Lotzastitches said...

Yeah...I did it like I was picking up stitches only with the blocking wires. But this was my first time using them so I don't know if I did it right or not.

Lynda said...

Oh what a lovely scarf! You really knit lace beautifully-and the gorgeous yarn helps too!

AmusedMomma said...

This is really beautiful! You do amazing work.

Do knitters have to learn to "gauage" stitches as crocheters do? In other words, I can leave a project and pick it up months later and the stitches will still be even and the same tautness. Hope that makes sense to you.

Paula