Saturday, February 25, 2006


I don't have any notes for my Regia Socks. Hmm...I do know they were done toe up just like the previous pair, same heel, but 2x2 ribbing up the whole cuff. I think the bind off for these was from the book Simple Socks: Plain & Fancy by Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts, p. 51. I learned how to weave in my ends in this book too on p. 53. Yes, yes...after my memory came back below this is it exactly. I did that bind off on my dd's legwarmers also.

You may have noticed I'm not too hung up on my socks being identical. In this case I remember doing one sock from the inside of the skein and the other from the outside. Ahhh...it's coming back. This was my first attempt at two socks at once on two Addi #1 circular needles. (Note sizing: Addi #1= 2.5mm, US#1=2.25mm) I'm not too excited to do two at once....too much dropping and picking up the yarn for my tastes. Plus if I want to do mindless knitting while doing something else this isn't the ticket for me. So half way through the foot I switched to my bamboo #1 dpn. The Addis, however, kept working with my dd who had decided to knit herself a pair of legwarms in Knitpicks Parade. So now she too can knit in the round on two circulars. I'm trying to convince her socks are not that hard!

No comments: