Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Stockings

I've been lured by all the pretty knit Christmas stocking patterns but this is the reason why I won't be knitting any for us....

















I really like these. I like that they have the Luke account of the Jesus' birth on them. Mine is the first on the left (Luke 2: 4, 5, 6). Then dd#1 (vs 7). Dd#3 (vs 8). Dd#2 (vs 9). Daddy (vs 11).

I cross stitched these back in 1994, 1997, and 3 in 1998. I had dd#3's stocking done before she was born...all except the name. (There are names on them under the top border. I've airbrushed them out to protect the innocent.)

My sister did the sewing part of the project. That part made me too nervous.


Edited Jan 10th: Having not attended the award ceremony, I had no idea that I won a Golden Aardvark Award. I went to the list of awards to read the posts of friends who won and ended up finding this blog post of mine on the list of winners. Wow! Very unexpected! Thank you Aardvark Alley!

No comments: