Sunday, June 10, 2007

Two-Yarn Resoleable Socks - Second Sock done!


I posted a picture of the first sock of this pair on May 29th. (p. 47 of Favorite Socks)

Instead of taking another picture of the finished socks (they look identical) I thought I'd post a close up of where the instep meets the sole. It's where the red (sole) meets the gray (instep)...looks like a chain stitch. There is a definite ridge on both sides of the foot...mostly on the inside. I'm not sure if this will be noticeable when my dh wears them or not...depends on how picky he is. But I won't know until next October or November since these are "boot" socks. These socks are the thickest I've ever made. They wouldn't fit in any of my regular shoes. I could see a pair in my winter boots though!

The technique itself was not complicated. It was a bit on the fiddily side and I'm not sure if I would resole them if they got a hole or just knit up a new pair of socks. The instructions were wordy but clear.

Overall it was a fun learning experience and I'm glad I gave it a go! And thanks to Michele for being such a great teacher!

No comments: