Monday, July 07, 2008

Center Squares Dishcloth

I’ve been wanting to do a square dishcloth knit in the round for sometime. I liked the looks of this pattern.

I cast on while we waited for the fireworks to start. I used the Lighter circular cast on (second half of this video) with 8 sts on size 6 dpns. I didn’t want to come back and finish the center. Then I increased in each of the eight stitches to get to the 16 required in the pattern. I used Kfb (knit in the front and back of st.) for all the increases in this pattern. If I make it again I may try Cat Bordhi type increases (LRinc and LLinc). I actually use the Crazy Toe and Heels increase but it is similar.

I also did all 8 increases (the ones in all the other increase rounds) in one round instead of doing the first increase after the last increase in the round. I was lazy.

I also accidentally did round 1 as my last round. Oh well.

The knitted on border was fun and easy to do while I watched a movie.

The directions for the edging were very well written and explained. My grafting wasn’t the best but I have to really look to find which corner was the last.

This pattern would look really nice as a square shawl (yep, got shawls on my brain) or a blanket/throw.


Oh...the yarn. This is Peaches and Cream worsted weight cotton. The color is Passion. It was on special at the Pisgah Yarn & Dyeing Co website. Four 2 oz skeins (98 yds each) for $4.08. Plus shipping which was kind of pricey but I ordered a few other things as well. Shipping was extremely fast! There was a mishap in the packing end of the shipment but the company was very, very generous in making up for that error.


3 comments:

Lynda said...

Yeah, I was looking at that pattern, too. Looks really nice and would be a fun knit, I think.

Marie N. said...

I've not seen that one before -- it's neat!

Dave said...

Very cool - I'll have to try that pattern, with your modifications, of course. :-)