Saturday, September 15, 2007

Basic Socks


These socks for dd#3 have been on the needles a long time. They were toe up Queen Kahuna style on #0 Addi Turbos.

The yarn is Kroy Sock Yarn....not my favorite.

I finished them on the way to American Players Theater yesterday. We went to see Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing. The weather cooperated beautifully this year....it's an outdoor stage. The costuming was beautiful and the actors incredible (as usual).

I read a few pages of the play the night before we left. But watching the performance and hearing the words spoken with inflections and emotions really makes a huge difference in comprehending Shakespeare. It will come to life now as I continue reading it.

The weather was cool...perfect for wool socks, wool sweaters and a clapotis on my lap. We were hoping the mosquitoes would be at a minimum and they were. I think I saw only one!

We swung past Cave of the Mounds on the return home. It had been a long, long time since I had been there. My kids and dh had never been there before. It was very wet in the cave but not as bad as the the record rain of August had made it. (It was the wettest August ever in Madison this year.) Part of the tour was inaccessible in August because of high water.

No comments: