Friday, July 20, 2007

Horcrux Socks


Finished just in time for the release of the last Harry Potter book!



Notice the lightening shaped scar around the ankle of the sock. The pattern called for it to be higher up but I decided to put that lace portion by the ankle.

Speaking of the pattern...
it is a free pattern from the Six Sox Yahoo Group.
They do six socks per year...hence the name.

I did it in Scholeller+Stalh Fortissima Socka bamboo yarn. This yarn is 60% Superwash wool, 25% Bamboo and 15% nylon. Color number 0006. I used size 0 Knit Pick circular needles. I did these toe up Crazy Toes & Heels style and then just put in the lace panel 10 rows after rejoining after the heel. I then added more ribbing above it until dd#2 said STOP!

I almost finished the ribbing at Knit Night last night. When I got home I continued the ribbing (1 row!), cast off both socks and took care of the 2 ends. I weave in the beginning tail as I knit the toe so that part was done a long time ago.

1 comment:

Hanley Family said...

Wow. I got through a blanket and decided to go back to crochet. I really did enjoy it, but I have too much going on to devote to really learning knitting well. The baby blanket was to be for my baby to take her home from the hospital in. I gave myself 8 months.

It did take my baby home from the hospital...the next one two years later!